Laser Hair Removal
Free yourself of unwanted hair on any part of your body, and never have to shave, tweeze or wax again! This treatment is safe for all skin types. This laser features a large spot size to rapidly and with no pain treat large body areas with built-in contact cooling for maximal comfort. The laser emits light absorbed by the melanin (pigment) in the hair follicle. The light energy is converted to heat, which kills the hair follicles so they will not produce any more hair. The results are permanent, and you will love them!
Lasers remove undesirable hair. The typical treatment areas are the legs, armpits, upper lip, chin, and bikini line, except for the eyelid and surrounding area, which have undesirable hair. Tattooed skin is also untreated.
Laser hair removal depends on skin and hair color. The underlying idea is that the hair pigment, and not the skin pigment, should be the one to absorb the light. Lasers should injure hair follicles but not skin. Thus, dark hair and light skin are preferable. We at Alma MedSpa in Missouri provide the best laser hair removal treatment in St.Peters, where you can enjoy the feel of your smooth skin again.
Laser hair removal Procedure
- Avoid sunlight before the surgery.
- Avoid creams
- avoid alternative hair removal methods
- Avoiding blood-thinning drugs The doctor will apply a handheld laser.
- Depending on the laser, a cooling tip or gel may protect your skin and reduce adverse effects.
- The doctor will trigger the laser to reach the hair follicles through your skin.
- Laser heat destroys hair follicles, preventing growth.
- You may feel a heated pinprick and chilly from the cooling device or gel.
- Treating the top lip takes only a few minutes. Treating the back could take more than an hour.
Laser hair removal Uses
- Reduce unwanted hair
- Never have to shave again
- The number of sessions depends on what you are having treated
- Quick, painless treatment
Laser hair removal Benefits
- Easy and Fast.
- It’s less painful.
- You can count on its accuracy.
- It’s effective on all body hair and can be used anywhere.
- It stops ingrown hairs.
- Avoids Regrowth.
- It’s permanent.
You shouldn't tweeze, wax, pluck, or scratch the spot. Don't pick at or scrape the treated area. You won't get the greatest results during your laser treatments if you use any other hair removal procedures or products on the treated region (including shaving). Human hair growth varies.
The hair that grows back between treatments will be thinner and sparser than before. The good news is that you no longer have to shave 24 hours before your treatment appointments!
Both men and women can benefit from laser hair removal. However, you should be aware that a single session is not sufficient to eliminate hairs permanently. You will need to endure repeated treatments to get the best possible outcomes.
You should shave at least 24 hours before your laser hair removal procedure. Avoid getting a shave on the day of your session at all costs. It is because the razor may pull some skin away from the surface of your body every time you shave.
Typically, patients require between four and six sessions. The average person doesn't require more than 8. Typically, between three and six visits are required to show improvement in most patients. Since individual hairs develop in cycles, treatments are spaced out to occur around every six weeks.