We at Alma MedSpa in Missouri are excited to use Obagi Medical for our Chemical Peels. Chemical Peels are a great exfoliation that works by exfoliating the top layers of your skin, revealing newly regenerated skin. It helps treat wrinkles, discoloration, and scarring.
Chemical peels are a popular treatment for skin problems, and we at Alma MedSpa in St.Peters are one of the most experienced providers in the area. Chemical peels are a valuable treatment option for people who want to improve their appearance. They work by removing the outermost layers of skin, which can reveal smoother, brighter skin beneath. This new skin is softer and silkier than the old one, and may take more than one light or medium peel session to achieve the desired results. However, repeated treatments over time will help you see continued improvement in your appearance.
Chemical Peel Procedure
- The patient lies flat on their back.
- Will clean the treatment area
- Soft gauze is used to degrease the skin using 70% isopropyl alcohol and acetone.
- Apply the solution evenly to a 5% body surface area according to visible endpoints, allowing at least a minute between applications.
- Using a clockwise motion, apply the solution to a maximum depth of the immediate reticular dermis, and wait for the desired effects.
- You can’t apply a facial peel to your face without “feathering” it down your neck and behind your ears.
- Always apply with a dry cotton-tipped wooden applicator.
- You should close your eyes when applying treatment to your top lids and leave them open while working on your lower lids.
- Never apply more solution until the peel has cured and the skin has been adequately stretched.
- Since tears dilute acid, you’ll need to apply the solution again if you shed any.
- Obagi’s foamy cleanser without water will effectively neutralize the dye.
Chemical Peel Uses
- Aging Eyes.
- Dehydrated Skin.
- Elasticity and Sagging.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles.
- Hyperpigmentation and Melasma.
- Redness Prone.
- Sensitive Skin.
Chemical Peel Benefits
- Effectively treats acne.
- Reduces pores.
- Removes Fine Lines.
- Eliminates Discoloration.
- Improves the Appearance of Sagging Skin
- Reduces scarring.
- Harmonizes Texture.
- Smooth skin.
Healing from a medium chemical peel takes about 7–14 days, but the redness that often follows might remain for weeks or months. Your face is probably red and puffy if you've just had a deep chemical peel. The swelling may cause your eyelids to bulge shut, and you'll also experience pain.
After a chemical peel, it is essential to apply moisturizer. There will be sensitivity and peeling after the treatment because the skin is new. Because peeling is a natural side effect of chemical peels, moisturizers won't stop it.
Yes! Even after only one peel treatment, many people report a noticeable difference in skin tone and texture. Because a peel is an exfoliator, it can significantly enhance the skin's outermost layer.
You shouldn't take a shower for at least 12 to 24 hours after getting a chemical peel. Keep your skin as dry as possible in the hours following the incident. So, dryness, dehydration, and lack of sweat are the order of the day.