If you have a tattoo you have outgrown, regret getting, or don’t want anymore, we can permanently remove it.
Using laser therapy and applying energy to the ink, the large particles of ink get broken down into smaller ones, removing the layers of ink on the skin, which your body naturally flushes out. So rather than covering it up with another tattoo and putting more ink in your body, we at Alma MedSpa in Missouri provide safe tattoo removal treatment in St.Peters that can permanently remove a tattoo from your body.
Tattoo Removal Procedure
- Doctor evaluation and advice about the removal process.
- The treatments you need depend on your tattoo’s age, size, and color(s).
- Removal depends on your skin color and tattoo pigment depth.
- Eye protectors are provided. To identify the best laser energy, the professional will evaluate your skin.
- The tattoo pigment absorbs the laser’s powerful light pulses through the top layers of your skin.
Tattoo Removal Benefits
- No scarring—The laser light leaves healthy skin cells alone. Unlike “sanding” procedures, this reduces scarring.
- Laser removal fades and removes tattoos without the long-term side effects of other procedures.
- Minimal recuperation – Laser tattoo removal requires a few days of UV protection. After therapy, redness and soreness should disappear.
- Laser tattoo removal can remove specific or all tattoos.
- Laser tattoo removal is safest. Infection risk is low, adverse effects are rare, and treatment is comfortable.
Tattoo removal session
- One treatment every six weeks
- Between 3-12 sessions needed
- Tolerable pain level
- Remove Black and Blue inks very easily
- The body flushes the ink out through the lymphatic system.
Getting a tattoo is a long-term commitment, and removing one is difficult. No tattoo removal process is 100% effective, and scarring or skin color variation may persist.
Some people experience temporary crusting and blistering after laser tattoo removal, but this largely depends on the patient's skin type and the tattoo inks themselves. The tattoo will disappear in the first two to three weeks following therapy.
Risks. In most cases, scarring is an inevitable consequence of tattoo removal. Discoloration or infection of the skin is an additional risk.
Cleaning up a green stain is the most trying, followed by a light blue stain. Similarly, neon hues are notoriously challenging to remove, often requiring numerous sessions with the Ruby laser. If you want a good tattoo, follow the rule that the more contrasting the tattoo pigment and your skin, the better.
Bandage it up and make sure it's covered with some clean gauze. It would help if you didn't put any additional lotions or cosmetics on the area in the first few days after treatment. The bandage can be removed after three days, but the region should be kept as clean and dry as possible. Moisturize the area with hydrocortisone cream, Vaseline, or Aquaphor as it heals.